Battle of the Books Participants Page 2017-2018
To Participate, Take the AR Quiz for your book and then click below to fill out a Question Form!
The Book List
Apollo is getting at least 5 copies of each book and you can also find them on Limitless Library. Check them out--and ask Mrs. Brooks if you have any questions! :)
What to do...
If you want to participate in the Battle of the Books for the 2017-2018 school year, follow these directions!
1) Read any 2 of the Battle of the Books choices by Friday, February 23, 2018.
2) Take the AR quiz for the BOB book that you read.
3) Then, fill out the online form for EACH book that you read listing your name and at least 2 good questions for our practice battles. (Please note: you CAN read and fill out forms for more than 2 books, but you MUST complete at least 2 to still be considered eligible.)
4) If you complete this form for any 2 Battle books by Friday, February 23, you will be invited to an official Battle of the Books informational meeting in late January/Early February to choose your team and hear all the rules, etc. Mrs. Brooks also plans to offer Battle of the Books as a club starting in January.
5) In late April or early May, teams will compete against each other to see who knows these books the best. The winning team from Apollo will then face 29 other teams at a field trip to Nashville Public Library in May 2018. The winning team for all Middle Schools wins a PRIZE of a LIMO ride back to school!